Collections: History Archives & Library

Images

> Back to all Images

Perine House, Staten Island

WTD 2998 (A)

A postcard with a photo of the Billiou-Stillwell-Perine House located at 1476 Richmond Road in Dongan Hills, Staten Island.  The Duth Colonial house, which is owned by Historic Richmond Town, is the oldest house on Staten Island.  It is the 4th oldest in New York State.  The original section of the house was built around 1662.  It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.  The house was once the home of the Staten Island Antiquarian Society.

Medium: Postcard

Dates: 20th Century

Dimensions: 3.5" H x 5.5" W

Signature/Inscription: Front: Perine House, Staten Island Built in 1686 Home of the Staten Island Antiquarian Society; Reverse: On the left side: "Richmond Co. Chapter, D.A.R. (Daughters of the American Revolution) Bids you welcome at the Perine House, Saturday, June 9th from three to six." On the right side: "Mr. William Davis 146 Stuyvesant Place, New Brighton

Accession Number: WTD 2998 (A)

Credit: Gift of William R. Davis

Tags: 20th century, antiquarian society, billiou-stillwell-perine house, daughters of the american revolution, dongan hills, dutch colonial, house, invitation, postcard, richmond road, william t. davis, william t. davis postcard collection