Panel Discussion: Perspectives on the Suffrage Centennial
Sunday, July 26, 2:00PM
Location: Zoom Conference
Women of the Nation Arise! brought together a panel of scholars and experts to advise the development of the exhibition and examine the contributions of Staten Island’s suffragists, present-day issues of political equality, and voter participation. Join us with Zoom to hear firsthand the conclusions reached by the panel about Staten Island’s role in expanding voting rights – a core principle of American government.
• Sarah Litvin - Director, Reher Center for Immigrant Culture and History
• Dr. Susan Goodier - Lecturer of History at SUNY Oneonta specializing in U.S. Public Policy History, International Gender and Culture, and Black Women’s History
• Debbie-Ann Paige - Public historian, Senior Policy Analyst with the Council of State Governments, and co-president of the Richard B. Dickenson Chapter of the Afro-American Historical and Genealogical Society (AAGHS)
• Catherine Gray - Co-President of the League of Women Voters of the City of New York
• Gabriella Leone – Curator and Archives Manager
Registration coming soon.